[Foundation-l] Forkability, its problems and our problems

David Richfield davidrichfield at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:13:52 UTC 2011

You say that we exclude significant material on the basis of notability?
That seems almost contradictory. If it has been the subject of non-trivial,
reliable, 3rd party coverage, it's notable. If it hasn't, how 'significant'
is it really?

As for childish, trivial, offensive stuff: is it an encyclopedic topic and
notable? If so, it's hardly trivial. If not, it should go. If we chuck out
everything which offends some significant group, we lose NPOV and balanced
coverage. That doesn't mean I don't believe we have non-notable offensive
articles, just that we should use our policies effectively to get rid of
them.