[Foundation-l] Movement Roles: my suggestion of "Language Contact Persons"

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:05:37 UTC 2011

Hello,

The name is not so important, of course, but I think that the old
"Ambassador" is a little bit a big word.

Why do the "ambassadors" not work? Because they don't feel
responsible, if they can simply put themselves on a list and then
forget about. It is important that they feel an obligation to fulfill
some well defined tasks.

Yes, one can go to the village pumps and ask people to do something.
And that is a lot of work, and that's why we need those Language
Contact Persons. It is always better when they can post in their own
language. Reports about the language version (monthly, yearly) are
only written when there is a person who knows that that his exactly
*his task*.

Kind regards
Ziko

2011/8/16 Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>:
>> Let's do it! What's the best way to encourage embassies, especially on
>> small
>> projects that may have never had them before?
>>

> Obviously, to let a message in a relevant language (which is expected to
> be understood by many of the users) on the village pump of the
> corresponding project. The message should clearly explain what and why is
> expected from these users.
>
> Langcom is another good starting point.
>
> For big projects, I believe, this approcah is hopeless, but I do not think
> the embassies as designed are needed for the big projects.
>
> Cheers
> Yaroslav

Ziko van Dijk
The Netherlands