[Foundation-l] Chapters

Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com Birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 23:34:41 UTC 2011

On Aug 10, 2011, at 3:32 PM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia-inc.com> wrote:

>> Redefining the chapters
>> who participated in a joint fundraiser  with WMF as WMF's "payment
>> processors" is straight-up insulting.
>
> Whoa, please slow down!
>
> No one has said anything like that, and it isn't how the term is being
> used.  A chapter is a payment processor if it... processes payments.
> For themselves.
>
>> Writing about ethical concerns
>> while at same time being blind to anything that does not maximize
>> donations is laughable.
>
> It certainly would be laughable, if anyone were doing that.
>
> But let's try to have a productive conversation about the right way
> forward.  A lot of knee jerk assumptions are being made here that just
> don't fit the facts.

I really can't understand the point snipping the substantive content which gave these lines context and then asking for a productive conversation.  Do you really believe these two lines are a fair representation of my participation? If so please let me know so I can place you on my ignore list (and suggest you do the reverse), so we can avoid any further acrimony. If no,t stop unfairly representing me by your edits to my messages.

BirgitteSB