[Foundation-l] Chapters

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Tue Aug 9 15:29:32 UTC 2011

Indeed, chapters have no jurisdiction over the content of the projects
whatsoever - and they dont want that either. I dont think any chapter would
be crazy enough to actually draft such a resolution in any binding tone.

It is true however that many chapters do important work for the local
projects, and serve their local needs in the sense of activities, press
contacts and fundraising in a more effective way (less culturally
challanging, more sensitive to what works locally and better in touch with
other activities and situations). Not all chapters do this in the same
extent, and not all do it similarly good. But that is the idea of a chapter
- it is not a fanclub organizing beer events only to have fun.

Best regards,
Lodewijk