[Foundation-l] Board Resolution: Openness

Sarah slimvirgin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:05:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 13:54, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> * "how do I delete an article?" and its counterpart: "why was my
> article deleted?"
> * "how do I merge/split an article?"
> * "hey, can I reference a blogpost in this article?"
>
> There are formatting questions that aren't so easy to figure out either:
> * "how do I put a footnote in an article?"
> * "how do I find and insert an infobox?"

In fact a lot of those issues are spelled out very clearly. See
[[WP:BLOGS]] for whether you can reference a blogpost. See
[[WP:INCITE]] for a quick way to add a footnote. See
[[Category:Infobox templates]] for how to add an infobox.

The deletion process does look daunting, but actually if you just
clunk through the instructions,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:AfD#How_to_list_pages_for_deletion
it's pretty easy, and I say that as someone with a template phobia.

We work on a complex website that caters to lots of different needs
and skill levels, so there's a limit to how simple these processes can
be made.

Sarah