[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:51:11 UTC 2010

That we are resorting to discussing multiple polls worries me; it
reminds me of the circumstances which led to the English Wikipedia
arbitration case 'date delinking'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:ARBDATE

IMO the English Wikipedia community should be allowed to continue to
review the results of their trial, and/or discuss how the next trial
will occur.

I worry that the WMF strategy for pending changes is to focus entirely
on English Wikipedia, making indecision within one community a
'problem' that the WMF feels it must step in an resolve.

Has the foundation considered redeploying their efforts to run pending
change trials in projects other than English Wikipedia?

IMO, the foundation could look to strengthen its global policies
regarding content where living people are a subject. i.e. worded more
like the non-free content resolution.  Then the projects _need_ to
find appropriate solutions to conform to the WMF requirements, and
tools like pending changes will be used if they help achieve
compliance with the WMF policy.

--
John Vandenberg