[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 22:10:20 UTC 2010

Without having formed in opinion either way to what has come out of the trial or the straw polls, I don't understand why there is such importance placed on *technically* disabling the feature.  If en.WP doesn't want to use it, why don't they not just move all the articles back to semi-protection?  Empty out the pending changes from the on-wiki interface. This would likely have to be done *before* disabling it anyways. Just because the extension is installed doesn't mean it has to be used. I can see no reason why Erik or Danese should be being asked to determine consensus.

I get that this is an important political issue for various people.  I don't get why the devs are being focused on.  Please let the devs out of the argument. I can't imagine why any of them would want to touch that button with a ten-foot pole until you have clearly decided.  Especially as it isn't really necessary for them to be involved in achieving a negative result.

Birgitte SB