[Foundation-l] Pending Changes development update: September 27

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 28 20:15:03 UTC 2010

Risker,

we've consistently communicated that we'll iteratively update the
Pending Changes codebase with fixes to address known issues, as
documented on:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Pending_Changes_enwiki_trial/Roadmap#November_2010_Release

This is the assumption on which hundreds of people voted in the enwiki
poll that just took place, where this date was explicitly referenced.
We're going to do our best to meet that deployment date.

How and under what conditions Pending Changes is used is up to the
enwiki community. All we're doing is leaving the feature in place: the
community can decide to defer its continued usage, to narrow it, to
broaden it, to restrict it in the scope of a trial, or to discontinue
it. We're going to base our resource allocation for future development
as much as possible on the emerging consensus in the enwiki community,
and we'll try to support that continuing process with data as much as
possible. It's evident that these discussions are still very much in
flux.

See more at:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Pending_Changes_enwiki_trial/Roadmap#Current_Situation
--