[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 16 20:17:04 UTC 2010

> Are you stating that Peter is stating that a general encyclopedia should
> not be oriented to topics of interest to the masses?
> Who exactly is the audience if not the masses?

I don't know what Nathan means here.  I believe that an encyclopedia should
be of popular interest, and be presented in a style that is appealing, even
entertaining.  However an encyclopedia should not be filled with trivia.
Wikipedia, as we all know, is unduly biased to computer games, TV shows,
pornography and much other material that is not educational or encyclopedic.