[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] LocalWiki project needs your support

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 00:14:28 UTC 2010

This is spammy and OT -- but still may be of interest to people on
this list. I can vouch for the awesomeness of the localwiki project,
which is trying to make local and city wikis (like the amazing Davis
Wiki, which serves my hometown) for the world. Free, local, open and
nonprofit -- and they're raising money, and need to raise a bunch more
in the next week to get their kickstarter grant funded. If this
project is successful, they will help grow an essential part of the
free content/collaborative landscape that Wikimedia by and large
doesn't serve at all.

-- phoebe