[Foundation-l] Call for a moratorium on all new software developments

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Tue Sep 7 23:32:05 UTC 2010

On 7 September 2010 11:01, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> No and there won't be (at least from me). Because I don't know if it
> is a bug or a feature. Show me the specification of the pdf tool
> first. I will see if the specification says that pictures'
> photographers should be credited. If the specification says so, I will
> report it as a bug. But if the specification does not say so, it
> simply means that I disagree with the specification. And I don't think
> bugzilla is the proper forum to discuss specifications.

Given that you report below it's working for some images and not the
others, it's very unlikely it's working to spec, unless that
specification is itself deeply flawed!

Glancing at the image files, it seems that it may be having trouble
parsing the author sections of the Commons credits. I'll try and look
into this more closely soon - for now, has anyone else identified
attribution problems with the PDF generators?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk