[Foundation-l] Call for a moratorium on all new software developments

Peter Coombe thewub.wiki at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 6 15:39:59 UTC 2010

On 6 September 2010 11:33, Teofilo <teofilowiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> * We are never shown specifications defining the goals of the planned
> softwares, which makes me doubt such specifications are ever written.
> With specifications being written and published, problems could be
> talked in a proactive way.

Also, I don't think it's yet been posted on this list, the technical
staff have released the first "Engineering Update" on their blog:
http://techblog.wikimedia.org/2010/09/wmf-engineering/ It contains an
overview of all the major infrastructure and coding projects that are
underway, and is well worth a look. Hopefully this will be a monthly
update in future.

Pete / the wub