[Foundation-l] HR and Recruiting Feed on Identi.ca and Twitter

theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 18:32:51 UTC 2010

I thought this was very smart Idea by the HR department. It would be much
easier to follow up on for new wikimedians and prospective hires, rather
than going through posting pages on the foundation wiki and the Meta. Its
the quickest way of informing the community of new staff hires and
introducing them to the community. I thought this was the easiest and the
quickest way to provide updates rather than pages on Meta or the foundation
Wiki (which I think would still be updated).

If the bone of contention is the choice of media here of Micro-blogging then
I think thats another discussion altogether, the foundation and many
prominent projects are already very active in the Micro-blogging world. Last
I checked Wikimedia tech staff, Wikimedia Mobile, Wikipedia Signpost and
others provide regular updates through the same medium.

Regards

Theo