[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation switching to Google Apps?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue Oct 26 22:14:51 UTC 2010

Jon Davis wrote (among other things):
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 17:22, MZMcBride <z at mzmcbride.com> wrote:
>> I had a few questions about this migration.
>>
>> Has the decision to use Google Apps been finalized? If so, who made the
>> final decision?
>>
> Yes, the decision has been made.  Office IT did the original research and
> made our recommendations to the CxO level.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply to my questions. :-)

I figured the decision had already been made, but I still thought it would
be nice to discuss some aspects of it. I think some of the discussion has
shed a bit of light on current practices, procedures, and principles, which
is always good.

MZMcBride