[Foundation-l] Misplaced Reliance, was Re: Paid editing, was Re: Ban and moderate

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 20:15:18 UTC 2010

On 24 October 2010 21:07, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> No, that wasn't my claim.  I am, however, accountable for what I say.
> And the idea that Wikipedia could "turn out to be an encyclopedia" is
> silly.  It either is, or it isn't, and in this case, as I have
> explained, it isn't.

No you have explained that you have decided to draw a line in the sand
in terms of reliability to define what is and isn't an encyclopedia.
The problem is that you have failed to provide any justification for
this line such as showing that the majority of things listed at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_encyclopedias fall to
one side while wikipedia does not.

--
geni