[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 21:25:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:12 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> .... I have a hard
> time understanding why people think chapters are representative of the
> community.  They're representative of people who like to join chapters.

I agree with your premise here, however, chapter board members are
elected by their membership (afaik, that occurs in all chapters), so
their membership has the obvious recourse of electing someone else.

The process of Chapter-selected Trustees should be transparent,
requiring that each chapter reports its vote either publicly or to
their respective members.  This may already be happening, but my vague
memory from the last round of Chapter-selected Trustees suggests that
this needs to be reviewed.

--
John Vandenberg