[Foundation-l] Greg Kohs and Peter Damian

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 20:47:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> The board defines both "community" and "chapter". I'm not sure that the
> board does ultimately answer to the community; there's nothing in the
> bylaws
> to indicate that.

Section (G) states: Board Majority. A majority of the Board Trustee
positions, other than the Community Founder Trustee position, shall be
selected or appointed from the community and the chapters.

I think this directly says that the board ultimately answers to the
community. Now you may say that the definition of community is not as broad
as you may like given that some seats go to the chapters , but that still
means that our community -as organized in a certain form given the chapters
are all community controlled AFAIK- holds power to elect the board
majority.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia