[Foundation-l] Community Associates

Philippe Beaudette pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 20 17:42:41 UTC 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:46 AM, Anirudh Bhati wrote:

> Who are they and what do they do?
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Anirudh Bhati

Community Associate is a title that we've introduced primarily (though
not exclusively) for the fundraiser this year.  They are temporary
employees, generally engaged in making sure that people know about the
fundraiser, trying to convince various language wikis to participate
in the creation of new banners, working on our social media plan, and
a few other things.  They also help around the office with posting of
contributions to our various systems and general office-related help.

Best,
Philippe
Philippe Beaudette
Head of Reader Relations
Wikimedia Foundation

philippe at wikimedia.org

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!