[Foundation-l] Free culture?

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 18:06:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net> wrote:

> On 19 Oct 2010, at 18:44, Mike Dupont wrote:
>
>>> I don't think we gain anything by providing a platform for Kohs campaign,
>>> as illustrated at
>>> http://www.mywikibiz.com/Top_10_Reasons_Not_to_Donate_to_Wikipedia
>>> against Wikipedia.
>>
>> Wow, this is very well written and interesting! please share more such
>> information.
>
> </sarcasm>, I hope, given the sheer number of inaccuracies and misportrayals in that document?

<serious>
This page about wikipedias faults points to some concrete places to
help improve the quality of wikiepedia.
of course you have to take it all with a grain of salt,

I am just reviewing the wikia links right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:LinkSearch&limit=5000&offset=20000&target=http%3A%2F%2F*.wikia.com

For example, who added a link to wiki
http://water.wikia.com/wiki/Oil_sands is linked from How to Boil a
Frog ?
It is a link that is not obvious as how to value is added to wikipedia.

* David Dodge, Dan Woynillowicz & Chris Severson-Baker
[http://water.wikia.com/wiki/Oil_sands],

That page on wikia has some reference to an article from Woynillowicz
but does not justify the link, doe it?

mike