[Foundation-l] Another machine-assisted translation tool

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Oct 19 16:14:13 UTC 2010

> This time from Microsoft Research:
>
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/blog/2010/10/18/wikibhasha/
>
> Has anyone used this one? How is it?
>
> Did Google ever commit to releasing the translation pairs? If so, we
> should certainly ask Microsoft for the same.
>

> - d.

I'm trying to make it work as a gadget. It's quite confusing and
difficult. It did motivate me to create a global login as supposedly you
have to create an account on any Wikipedia you want to use it on and add
it to your skin's .js file. It might work on Internet Explorer easily,
but it is troublesome with a Mac. It doesn't seem to display at all on
the German Wikipedia, but I'm pretty sure that's just my clumsiness.

It is a Beta version, perhaps if I were patient, and had time, and gave
the Microsoft developers some feedback we could get it working.

It could be added as a Mediawiki extension. Not sure if anyone is
thinking about that.

Fred