[Foundation-l] Expertise and Wikipedia redux

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Thu Oct 14 17:59:18 UTC 2010

On 13 October 2010 14:42, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find it interesting that some 18 hours after Gerard's notification (and my
> posting a comment on The Australian's page), still not a single comment has
> been approved for publication.  I wonder why that is?  Is there some
> official policy within the "pro-Free Culture" movement that mandates
> suppression of critical viewpoints of the movement?

I doubt that the "pro-Free Culture" movement controls the comments
section of the website of a major Australian newspaper! (If it did,
they might have posted some praise of their own rather than just
leaving a blank void.)

The most recent of the editorial articles in the HE section to have
any comments at *all*, good or bad, is from 29th September - there
have been ten posted since then. I suspect the site operators are just
not very responsive at approving them...

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk