[Foundation-l] Controversial Content Study Part 3

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 21:49:59 UTC 2010

Documentation of consent has been discussed several times on the COM:Sexual content talk page:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Sexual_content

One interesting idea raised a few days ago was that we could have a drop-down menu on the upload page for self-made images. This would give uploaders options like --

* any identifiable people have given their consent both for the image and its upload to Commons
* there are no identifiable people in the image
* etc.

It looks like the Commons Sexual content policy draft, which has been in the works for nearly half a year, will shortly be presented to the community.

Its proposed consent regulations are part of this section:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Sexual_content#Prohibited_content

Andreas