[Foundation-l] Liu Xiaobo

Phil Nash phnash at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 22:11:37 UTC 2010

Peter Damian wrote:
> I don't know why such fuss has been made in the media about this.
> Under Chinese law, Xiaobo is a criminal who has been sentenced by
> Chinese judicial
> departments for violating Chinese law
> http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/461876  His own community has
> delivered a verdict upon him: he is a criminal.  He deserves 'fair
> treatment' no more than the trolls who have disrupted the Wikipedia
> deserve so-called 'fair treatment'.  Those who violate community
> norms, such as Xiaobo (in the case of China) or many of the
> disruptive elements who create havoc on the project
> by their offensive comments and offsite attacks.  The Chinese
> government
>> imposed a blackout on news of the award: quite right.  This is
>> exactly what
> would happen on Wikipedia, by means of blocks in article space, talk
> pages and email access.  More power to the community!
>
> Peter

This is so naive a post that I can only believe that someone has hijacked
your account, and I can't wait for your amendments to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tolpuddle_Martyrs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhi

I expect you might have an apology and weakly-argued defence tomorrow, when
you might have sobered up, but right now you are on thin ice in
epistemological terms and are closer to a 17-year old newly-"radicalised"
student than a considered scholar.

Shame on you, and that's without discussing the legal system of China.