[Foundation-l] xkcd's map of the internet

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:32:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Amory Meltzer <amorymeltzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>social communities
>
> I think most would argue that porn is inherently anti-social.  I don't see a
> lot of social communities made up of just one person (probably half of IRC).

That's a good point, but it does include YouTube, and much of the porn
"universe" these days revolves around file-sharing and adult versions
of YouTube.[1] It also includes the New York Times and other sites
where user-participation is still more of an afterthought, and calling
them "communities" is sort of a stretch.

[1] http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hHa_9L1Rwp6lLcVg8mJzB-PBroXg
(Agence France Press)