[Foundation-l] Has Wikipedia changed since 2005?

SlimVirgin slimvirgin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:20:57 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 02:04, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.rs> wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 08:28 AM, SlimVirgin wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 18:17,<wiki-list at phizz.demon.co.uk>  wrote:
>>> Have you looked at the current version of that page? Every sentence has
>>> at least one ref, it looks like a spider has fallen into an ink well and
>>> then run backwards and forwards across the page.
>>
>> It's very distracting, and completely unnecessary. There are ways of
>> bundling citations into one footnote at the end of each paragraph,
>> while still making clear which citation supports which words. But it's
>
> It doesn't distract me at all, and I am not aware of any effective ways
> of bundling citations at paragraphs' ends.

I do it by writing:

<ref>For the date of birth, see Smith, 2010, p. 1
*For the unhappiness of the marriage, see Jones, 2010, p. 2.
*For the jail term, see Brown, 2010, p. 3.</ref>

Then full citations in the References section. Or you can add the full
citations in the footnote. If it's at the end of the paragraph, it
doesn't add to edit-mode clutter, so you can afford to give more
details in the footnote itself.