[Foundation-l] subtitles for Wikimedia videos

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 4 19:32:16 UTC 2010

2010/10/3 Marcus Buck <me at marcusbuck.org>:
> I saw it unfolded now. Thanks! One small issue: 'nds' is not Dutch. It's
> Low Saxon. And I have no subtitle selection menu (just an on/off switch
> that gives me random language subtitles) with HTML5, but I guess that's
> a problem of either my browser or YouTube and cannot be fixed on
> Wikimedia's side.

Thanks for the report. I've made a renewed call for translations here:

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2010-October/001184.html

Please continue to report any issues. We'll import any new
translations and fixes after the translation deadline, October 15.

If anyone wants to volunteer with some process clean-up,
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Timed_Text could use some
love (and the actual TimedText UI should ideally have some JavaScript
goodness to add translations).
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation