[Foundation-l] subtitles for Wikimedia videos

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Sun Oct 3 17:55:03 UTC 2010

  An'n 28.09.2010 20:50, hett Jay Walsh schreven:
> Hi Marcus - thanks for the note. I'll be looking into this right away to see if we can get the good work of the subtitlers/translators into the whole presentation of the videos on youtube and Vimeo.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  As soon as we have some progress on this we'll let you know (but hopefully you'll see this unfolding).
>
> thanks!
> jay
I saw it unfolded now. Thanks! One small issue: 'nds' is not Dutch. It's
Low Saxon. And I have no subtitle selection menu (just an on/off switch
that gives me random language subtitles) with HTML5, but I guess that's
a problem of either my browser or YouTube and cannot be fixed on
Wikimedia's side.

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox