[Foundation-l] should not web server logs (of requests) be published?

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:51:50 UTC 2010

Hi!

> It's isn't my policy, it's our policy.

Who is 'we', whom do you represent? :-)

> If you don't know to what I refer, then perhaps you can read up on it.

You didn't tell what you represent and what policy you talk about, I don't know where to read about it.

> As far as citing the archives of an email list, that is also not a citable
> source.

Thats very sad. I'm used to my mailing list posts being cited ;-)

> If Foundation staff and supporters themselves, are *not prepared* to go on
> the record with their claims, then why should anyone trust anything they say
> on an email list?

I cannot speak for Foundation at the moment, so I don't know why they don't go "on the record". I don't go "on the record" because I don't see any purpose, I already wrote in email what I thought I wanted to write.

> That is the very nature of *false authority*, the bane of our project.

What do you call 'our project'? I don't understand your affiliation.

> I must say, I'm quite surprised that some people here don't grasp this concept  yet,
> after the projects being in existence for so many years now, almost a
> decade right?  It is a fundamental principle, that we should be citing actual
> authorities, not false claims to authority.

I'm quite surprised you think I should care about whatever you want me to care because you want me to care about it.

Cheers,
Domas