[Foundation-l] Paid editing comes of age

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 00:03:35 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <WJhonson at aol.com>
Date: 18 November 2010 18:51
Subject: Re: [Foundation-l] Paid editing comes of age
To: risker.wp at gmail.com

In a message dated 11/18/2010 3:50:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
risker.wp at gmail.com writes:

"We are extraordinarily ineffective at providing neutral, well-written,
relatively complete and well-referenced articles about businesses and
individuals - even as of this writing we have tens of thousands of
unreferenced and poorly referenced BLPs - and equally bad at maintaining and
updating them.

I find that mixing to be confusing.  I don't think it's useful to talk about
living people and businesses together in the same section.  Or are you
claiming that BLP applies to "living businesses" as well

I am deliberately including both of these groups because (a) they are the
target audience for the WikipediaExperts group discussed in this thread and
(b)  they are the two groups who most frequently complain about poor quality
articles and errors when they are the subject of an article.  While I don't
equate biographical articles with those involving businesses, a poor quality
article is still a poor quality article, and I don't see why we should
consider it "less serious" just because it's about a business and not a
person.

Risker/Anne

Note: I believe you intended to send this to the entire list, WJhonson; if I
am incorrect, please accept my apologies.