[Foundation-l] A question for American Wikimedians

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 18 05:28:19 UTC 2010

On 17 November 2010 15:39, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah, bueno.  I was unaware of the Kartika version; excellent that the
> Foundation's already figured it out and was working on it.
>
> Thanks, Philippe and MzMcBride.  Good job to whoever thought it up
> earlier and did the test run.
>

> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Philippe Beaudette
> <pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> We tested Kartika earlier this week, and it did very very well.  So we're putting together a campaign based around editor appeals, and many of the folks we have are not ... well, people who look like me.  So I'm very happy about that.

Yep, it's good.

Side note, but one of the things I really liked about the Truth In
Numbers documentary was the face it gave to the Wikimedia movement. It
was really lovely to see dozens (hundreds?) of people from around the
world -- multiple ethnicities, accents, locations. I don't know how
representative those people actually were/are of the general editor
population, but seeing them was inspiring nonetheless.

Thanks,
Sue