[Foundation-l] PediaPress

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 01:30:00 UTC 2010

On 16 November 2010 01:10, Ryan Kaldari <rkaldari at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I'm sure the amount of money the Foundation receives from its cut of
> actually published books is negligible - probably a few hundred dollars
> a year. I'm more interested in your insinuation that PediaPress bought
> their partnership status. Since you managed to avoid answering either of
> my questions, I'll assume you have no evidence for these aspersions.

You seem to be making a point of harping on an aspersion that only you
can see. It's not clear that doing so adds more light than heat.

There is no reason to assume the PediaPress mess is anything more than
SNAFU and that everyone at Wikimedia is anything other than as sincere
and honest as we know they are.

*However*, that is orthogonal to whether a privileged private closed
source partnership is an acceptable arrangement to keep around. And
the consensus appears to be that this is a question that needs some
serious thought.

- d.