[Foundation-l] Looking for stories of readers affected by Wikipedia

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:58:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

Megan might want to contact Valérie75
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilisateur:Val%C3%A9rie75, who ended up
writing books about the topics she contributed to on Wikipédia. The
books are not under a free license (I don't think), but have received
good press in their domain (ornitohology, history of naturalism and
such).

Her mini bio does mention Wikipedia, and my take is that Wikipédia
(and the amazing contribution she made to it) was a breakthrough in
her career as an author. She has more than 50000 edits on fr wp.

Not sure if you're looking for that kind of stories, but it's a nice
editor/volunteer/amateur becomes professional story.

http://valerie-chansigaud.fr/index.php/accueil/mini-bio

Cheers,

Delphine

@notafish