[Foundation-l] Movement roles

Austin Hair adhair at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 08:13:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,

The Movement Roles project continues, and many people with many unique
perspectives are already actively participating.  For those of you not
closely following our work on the wiki[0], I want to bring two things
to your attention:

1. We will have a meeting on IRC[1] today, 5 November, at 1500 UTC.
As before, it will take place in the #wikimedia-roles channel on
irc.freenode.net.  Use your favorite IRC client, or participate via
http://webchat.freenode.net/

2. We're developing a fact base[2] of information about the various
entities within the Wikimedia movement, which we hope everyone will
contribute to.  I've personally prepopulated the page with links for
chapters and a few other groups off the top of my head, but please
don't interpret that as an exhaustive or definitive list—add anything
you think might be relevant.  Those of you involved with such groups
are especially encouraged to populate the individual pages, because if
you leave it up to me I'll probably get several things wrong.

And just a general reminder that we're looking for anyone and everyone
interested to engage, because the output is dependent on the input,
and the more the better.  It's a wiki—edit!

Best,

Austin

[0] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Movement_roles_project
[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC