[Foundation-l] "Filtering" ourselves is pointless

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Tue May 11 12:29:54 UTC 2010

2010/5/10 Victor Vasiliev <vasilvv at gmail.com>:
> On 05/11/2010 12:25 AM, David Gerard wrote:
>> Any attempt to "filter" ourselves is not addressing the fact that the
>> images exist at all on Commons.
>
> +1.
>
> I suggest to ignore them. Or perhaps someone should write more nice
> things in the article about FOX news (maintaining NPOV, of course).

May I cite that any angry editor doing this might be under conflict of
interest? (Albeit I think this is the most powerful counterattack
available :)

Anyway, I think they should be just sued. I don't know about US law,
but defamation is a criminal offense here. Also, I think their use of
the label "illegal content" might be a violation of some other law,
too.

PS: They talk about nude children, link in the title they say "illegal
content". But, are they talking about those kind of images:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism ? There are nude children there,
but I see this kind of image on diaper commercials too, and some other
infant products. They are being REALLY mean.

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>