[Foundation-l] Reflections on the recent debates

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Sun May 9 08:42:13 UTC 2010

On 5/8/10 5:11 PM, Mike.lifeguard wrote:
> If we believe, as Sue does, that this protection against outside
> influence is a good thing, then Jimbo is a weak link so long as he can
> enact the changes some outsider wants of his own accord.

Oh, but I can't really.  In this case, I was in - and remain in -
constant communication with the Board and with Sue.  That doesn't mean I
did everything exactly correctly - I didn't.

But I don't regard it in any way as within my personal remit to make
major changes to policy.

Not only is it not true that I can "get away with anything" - it's also
something that I wouldn't want to be true.

--Jimbo