[Foundation-l] MMORPG and Wikimedia

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri May 7 06:52:04 UTC 2010

On Friday, May 7, 2010, Noein <pronoein at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're aiming in this mailing list to shape the futur of the human
> knowledge through the foundation, right? So it is right to talk about
> the future, it's not an arrogance.
> Of course, any affirmation about the future must be considered an
> hypothesis, however convinced may seem his bearer, but also however
> unconvinced we are. Listen and think. Then answer so that our
> interlocutor listens and thinks too.

Well we're listening, we're just waiting for some arguments as to why
the community should consider investing time and effort into this,
instead of just assertions that VR is the future of the internets.

There's certainly scope for content beyond text and embedded media in
the projects. But it's going to start with things like 3D models
incorporated into articles through canvas elements rather than fully
immersive environments.

To that end, does anyone know what happened to that project to embed
3D models of chemical compounds?

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com