[Foundation-l] How to make unstoppable petty complaint a feature?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed May 5 14:31:36 UTC 2010

[This was a passing comment I made on wikien-l, but it's a reasonably
serious topic for consideration in how the wikisphere works.]

No matter how much work is put into flagged revisions on en:wp, it is
100% certain that it will be greeted with deafening whinging.

This is not a reason not to make it as good as possible, but the
complaint is a certainty. Anyone who's been around Wikipedia or
Wikimedia long enough can see this is what will happen. There is no
change that will not be greeted with complaint, significant or petty.

1. Is this a bug or a feature?
2. If it isn't a feature, how can we make it into one? 'Cos we really need to.

(AGK suggests Special:Complain or Extension:Whine.)

- d.