[Foundation-l] Texas Instruments signing key controversy

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 05:35:40 UTC 2010

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> The WMF should absolutely duke it out to protect material that ought
> to be in Wikipedia in accordance with the educational mission and
> community editorial guidelines. It ought not engage in fights outside
> of those areas for every instance of possibly suppressed legitimate
> speech that occurs on the Internet (even in cases where we all
> personally support the efforts).

Personally I don't have a dog in this fight, but on this point
I am bound to note that [[Illegal number]] is essentially
solidly referenced and perfectly neutral in its representation
of the facts, while being IMO of a sufficient generality to not
be susceptible to at least the accusation of being of questionable
educational merit.

It doesn't carry any of the numbers themselves -- though
[[Illegal prime]] in contrast does show two of the primes in
full. Both numbers however benefit from a definite lack of
recentistic problem, and nearly certainly aren't being
spammed, due to their age.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen