[Foundation-l] Texas Instruments signing key controversy

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:55:22 UTC 2010

On 3 March 2010 14:11, Techman224 <techman224 at techman224.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the WMF got involved the moment when they removed the keys, also the DMCA notice (or any other notice)
> is given to the person or organization that runs the website. It is not given to the user who posted the content as they can't
> remove content after it has been published. Since the WMF got the notice, it is their responsibility to file a counternotice or not.

Nope. Foundation can't post a counter notice. It can reject the DMCA
notice but since this isn't a legal fight that impacts any of it's
interests it has no reason to do. The initial poster can of course
file a counter notice but that wouldn't actualy force the WMF to
restore the content since we are free to keep it deleted under the
"we've had enough of being spammed in random web campaigns" clause.

--
geni