[Foundation-l] video presentation on explicit images on WMF projects

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 04:46:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM, private musings <thepmaccount at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just had a good chat with someone pointing out that my posts probably
> conflate a few different areas, so perhaps while I may have your ear, Mike,
> I could ask you if you'd see any problem with expanding the role of OTRS to
> include managing assertions of model age and release related to explicit
> media - perhaps we could agree that might be a good thing? :-)

I do not believe it is a good idea to expand duties of OTRS beyond those
required by law. I do not believe OTRS is currently required by law to
manage assertions of model age and release.  I do not believe OTRS could
scale to assume such duties. I do believe that attempting to get the
Foundation to impose top-down intervention in this case when you can't
persuade the community itself of your concerns about explicit media is a bad
thing.

--Mike