[Foundation-l] Where do our readers come from?

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.rs
Thu Jan 14 09:04:11 UTC 2010

Erik Zachte wrote:
> Today I released 4 new reports, which all focus on:
>
> Where do our readers come from?
>
>  <http://tinyurl.com/yhdej3j> http://tinyurl.com/yhdej3j

Except for Australia-Japanese, there is also this:

Sierra Leone (0.0007% share of global total)
Russian Wp	44.9%
English Wp	43.7%
Portal	8.4%
Slovene Wp	1.1%
Other	1.9%

Why would Russian Wikipedia have so many visits from Sierra Leone?

As a sidenote, there is also this:

Suriname (0.003% share of global total)
English Wp	62.5%
Dutch Wp	28.2%
Portal	4.1%
Serbian Wp	1.5%
Afrikaans Wp	1.4%
Other	2.3%

It is obvious why is Slovene Wikipedia highly visited in Sierra Leone,
and Serbian in Suriname; URLs do matter :)

(Although, I don't understand why so much. I would expect this
distribution by visitors, perhaps, but not by visits.)