[Foundation-l] Boing Boing applauds stats.grok.se!

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 12:07:46 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 19:56, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But then, who isn't a contributor since 2004 these days?
>>
>> Is there something special about 2004? That's when I became a volunteer.
>>
>> Is that recognised as the year things reached critical mass?
>
> No. But there is something special about 2003, when I started :D
>
> In seriousness, I usually think of mid-late 2003 as our [[Eternal
> September]] date. What do others think?

Don't know about Eternal September (I wasn't there anyway ;)), but I
remember the Habemus Effect aka Popedotting as the first time we
realized how really wildly popular Wikipedia was.

http://midom.livejournal.com/1364.html

:D

Delphine
PS. the folks at the Vatican found this example extremely amusing :)

--
~notafish