[Foundation-l] Boing Boing applauds stats.grok.se!

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:26:17 UTC 2010

Once I have checked out by stats about a certain German TV programme (Zimmer
frei, weekly). Indeed all guests had a WP article and all "wikibumped"
during the week before their show. (After a show, the next guest is
presented to the audience, and then again and again during the week.)
It was difficult for me to say exactly why some guests had bigger bumps than
others. Usually, a greater star had bigger total numbers, and the bump was
smaller (in comparison to the previous numbers). There is the theory that
well known persons do not bump so much because everybody knows them already
(Erik Zachte once had the example with Palin and Biden). Now I learn from
this Boing Boing contribution that the circumstances of the death matter.
The death of Ted Kennedy was not so unexpected, while readers of the Michael
Jackson article might have wanted to check out what happened in the last
years of Jackson, after the trial. By the way, the international interest
for Ted Kennedy was much lower than for the pop singer.
Kind regards
Ziko

2010/1/8 Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 5:57 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > But then, who isn't a contributor since 2004 these days?
>
> Is there something special about 2004? That's when I became a volunteer.
>
> Is that recognised as the year things reached critical mass?

Ziko van Dijk
NL-Silvolde