[Foundation-l] Mobile Wikipedia

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:07:57 UTC 2010

At translatewiki.net we support many different projects and, it is important
for us to have the best information on the different products. The
localisation for MediaWiki for instance can be updated using the
LocalisationUpdate while the localisation updates for "Mobile Wikipedia" and
most other projects are on a schedule that differs from project to project.

I am preparing some changes to the translatewiki.net main page and in it I
refer to the projects and use icons for them. As we found that there is an
interest in localising this project as a priority, it makes sense to make it
more visible. What I would like is a logo for this project. I asked Hampton
who is working on the software and he thought it would be a good idea to
have one. So our request is who can help us with a logo .. even a
placeholder will be fine for now.
Thanks,
      GerardM

PS I blogged about projects on translatewiki.net ...
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2010/02/doing-what-i-am-not-good-at.html
PS I do not appreciate if this software can also be used for projects
outside of the WMF .. I think it would be great if would be "Mobile
MediaWiki" in stead.