[Foundation-l] Sakha Wikipedia passed 7000 articles

Muhammad Yahia shipmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 06:33:16 UTC 2010

Hello,

> I am not the only one that keep my contributions confidential. There is
> another member of the LC who has good personal reasons to have the
> contributions not publicly available. The reason is that there may be
> repercussions in the professional sphere. When this was discussed in the
> past, I was and I still am of the opinion that because of this it would be
> best to have a confidential list.

This is not really saying much (if anything at all). It just translates to
"a member who we will not tell you anything about has his own reasons which
you cannot know".

   - "repercussions in the professional sphere' is a really vague reason.
   Helping wikipedia choose what languages to create sites for will have
   'repercussions' that are that harmful to a scholar?
   - How useful is that scholar anyway? I see most of the 'censored'
   contributions are yours, if this person is not that active to begin with,
   why should we accomodate such a peculiar situation? Does he/she provide such
   a unique view that no one else out there can provide that input and we need
   to accomodate him?
   - I don't want to make this about you, but since as you said you are one
   of the most active, and therefore I personally can hardly understand most of
   the discussions with you censored out. I have to ask, If I somehow swallow
   that this person has sound personal reasons and we need him, yet this person
   may make one or two contributions per year, why do the rest of the
   discussions have to be private? His/her contributions do not preclude
   transparency as much as the other censored replies.

--
Best Regards,
Muhammad Yahia