[Foundation-l] A proposal of partnership between Wikimedia Foundation and Internet Archive

theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:10:13 UTC 2010

Its a great idea, using the wayback machine to ward of link rot. I support
it but doesn't Google cache offer a similar service. there is also
deadURL.com which uses Google Cache, the Internet Archive, and user
submissions for gathering dead links.

I would guess that Google Cache would have the highest and the longest
reliability, at least as long as Google exists, its their business.

Regards

Theo