[Foundation-l] The Border Control

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Sun Aug 22 16:59:09 UTC 2010

>> Could you possibly explain in more detail what this "Border Control"
>> philosophy is and how it works?
>
> ... I join this request. Also, could you please give the Russian name
> of this policy? I edit the Russian Wikipedia every now and then and i
> don't remember ever encountering it. (I must note that i barely edit
> outside the article space in ru.wp.)

In Russian, this is Философия блокировок. The story goes on for already
several years with Vladimir clearly representing the minority: he failed to
be elected in the Arbitration Committee for several (three?) times in a
row, whereas those he criticizes get elected consistently. Elections are
the only instance in Russian Wikipedia when voted are counted and are thus
the only way to know whether the community finds somebody's ideas
appropriate.

If somebody is interesting to know the other side I guess I can give the
arguments (though I do not share this view completely, I was not involved
in the original decisions), since the auther, EvgenyGenkin, left all WMF
projects recently. The original essay has been edited to such an extent
that now it does not represent anything.

Cheers
Yaroslav