[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 11:01:13 UTC 2010

Well I want to attend Wikimania in Israel, but in all likelihood might not
be able to even after not coming from the middle-east specifically. I like
many others travel frequently to UAE and Saudi Arabia(rarely), as important
as Wikimania might be the idea of not travelling there for work, family etc.
would be a big problem.

I like many others would need a visa, my country has good diplomatic
relations and a good standing with israel, but having that visa on my
passport regardless of the stamp might create a problem for future travel to
not just me but anyone else. This would affect not just me
but Europeans and Americans if they want to go to the say Dubai for example,
they might have trouble with the same issues.

I am also concerned about being harassed or questioned unnecessarily for
maybe previously travelling to these places as well.

I am interested in attend wikimania but the cost might be too much for me or
others like me.