[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Harel Cain harel.cain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 19:20:38 UTC 2010

As explained on http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Visas, there
are various ways to attain a visa entry to Israel even if you live in
a country with no Israeli embassies.
Further to that, there are actually a lot of prominent countries from
which no visa is needed to enter Israel:
http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IsraelVisaPolicy.PNG

I really think that theoretical discussions on contrived scenarios on
how to enter Israel are rather inane and do not further the conference
in any way.
We can and will offer specific assistance to people with specific,
concrete difficulties, working with Israeli authorities to achieve the
special exemptions needed for people who actually want to attend the
conference but live in a place that makes it difficult for them to do
so.

Millions of tourists from dozens of counties enter Israel every year
safely and smoothly. Flying to Israel is even considered especially
safe, because of effective security procedures (as opposed to
"security theater").

See y'all in Haifa!

Harel Cain
Wikimania 2011 team