[Foundation-l] Partecipation in Wikimania 2011

Moushira Elamrawy moushirah at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 15:30:45 UTC 2010

Thanks Harel for your email..

On 8/11/10, Harel Cain <harel.cain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Israel is well aware of this situation, and offers the special
> possibility of stamping not the passport but a separate page on entry
> and exit, for any visitor that requests it
A confirmation for the possibility of getting the stamp on a separate
paper will be helpful for people who might have fear of losing their
jobs in UAE or other gulf countries or of being banned from religious
rituals in Saudi Arabia.

> As to visiting Israel being socially unacceptable in some societies,  or a good reason for being harassed by one's own government, this is a very regrettable fact of Middle East politics, but totally not within  the organizing team's sphere of influence.

As I put it before it is a complex and complicated situation which I
believe is better discussed without any judgments on politics,
governments or social reactions.
For participants who might have any conservations on going to Israel,
attending Wikimania will have its own cons and pros which will remain
up to the personal evaluation of the attendant, after all.

Good luck with all..